My Reading List for 2010


My Reading List for 2010


As suggested in the book - Apprenticeship Patterns: Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman, it's time to make my reading book list for 2010 to track the books I plan to read, and remember the books I have read.

This is just a book list I plan to read; maybe or maybe not I will finish reading them one day.
I will constantly update this list, and one year later I would like to see what I have read, what I have improved in this one year.

And if you occasionally visit this page, and have suggestions about what I should read next, what I should improve to be a successful software craftsman, please leave you comments.
I would be thankful for your kindly help and suggestions : )

Techniques:
RESTful Java with Jax-RS (Animal Guide)        [Done]
SOA
Java Soa Cookbook                                                 [Reading]
Cloud Computing
SAAS
OSGI
Database

Coding Skills
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship        [Reading]

Classic Software Books
Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
Design Patterns
Have read several books about this topic before, but I think I have never got a comprehensive and deep understanding about it.

Design Skills
Practical API Design: Confessions of a Java Framework Architect     [Reading]
Working Effectively with Legacy Code

Architect Skills
97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know: Collective

Become a better developer
Apprenticeship Patterns: Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman    [Done]
The Passionate Programmer: Creating a Remarkable Career in Software Development (Pragmatic Life)        [Read Next]
The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
97 Things Every Programmer Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the E

Algorithms
How to Think About Algorithms          [Reading]
The Algorithm Design Manual             [Reading]

Better thinking
Enhance the ability to think bigger, differently, and innovatively.
Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware (Pragmatic Programmers)
[Read Next]

Better Brain
Keep brain sharp and improve overall memory
TBD

Learn skills of learning
TBD

Other Skills
English Writing Skills
TBD

Green      – [Finished]
Yellow    – [Reading]
Pink        - [Read Next]

Labels

adsense (5) Algorithm (69) Algorithm Series (35) Android (7) ANT (6) bat (8) Big Data (7) Blogger (14) Bugs (6) Cache (5) Chrome (19) Code Example (29) Code Quality (7) Coding Skills (5) Database (7) Debug (16) Design (5) Dev Tips (63) Eclipse (32) Git (5) Google (33) Guava (7) How to (9) Http Client (8) IDE (7) Interview (88) J2EE (13) J2SE (49) Java (186) JavaScript (27) JSON (7) Learning code (9) Lesson Learned (6) Linux (26) Lucene-Solr (112) Mac (10) Maven (8) Network (9) Nutch2 (18) Performance (9) PowerShell (11) Problem Solving (11) Programmer Skills (6) regex (5) Scala (6) Security (9) Soft Skills (38) Spring (22) System Design (11) Testing (7) Text Mining (14) Tips (17) Tools (24) Troubleshooting (29) UIMA (9) Web Development (19) Windows (21) xml (5)