Awesome Tips about Google Assistant



Awesome Tips Series about Google Products


TL;DR

  • How to use Google Assistant Skills for kids education, productivity and entertainment.

Add language

  • Add multiple languages, Google Assistant can atomically detect the language and respond/switch accordingly.

  • Search by company name:

Education for Kids

Kids

Phone

Driving

Google Services

  • Text Message
    • It uses contacts from Goole Contacts, so clean up contacts if a name is associated to multiple contacts(one user but with multiple gmail accounts etc)
    • Tell Sally I’ll see you in 30 minutes
    • Send a text to Bob saying we’ll be 10 minutes late
  • Email
    • What time is my next flight?
    • When does my package arrive?, where is my package from Walmart?
      • We can also find this info from the Assistant Card.
    • When is my bill due?
    • Send an email to xx
  • Calendar
    • add a doctor appointment to my calendar at 10 am tomorrow
    • schedule xx on Friday at xx
    • When is my doctor appointment?
    • What’s my agenda for today/xx?
  • Notes and Lists
    • Take a note
    • Create a list called party
    • Add cake to my party list
    • Show me my notes
    • Show me all my lists
  • Memory Aid
    • Remember my mom’s name is Sally
    • What’s my favorite sports team?
  • Timers and Alarms
    • Wake me up after 1 hour
    • What are my timers/alarms?, show me my alarms/reminders.
    • Cancel all my alarms.
    • Countdown 5 minutes/Set a timer for 10 mins
    • Set a daily alarm
  • Google Play Music
    • Play XX on Google Play Music
    • I like this song
  • YouTube
    • Play xx video
    • Show xx video
  • Fun Tricks
    • Play ocean sounds
    • Play Are You Feeling Lucky?
    • Sing a children’s song
    • Serenade me
    • Repeat after me: xx
  • Google Photos
    • Show me my photos of xx
  • Google Subscriptions
    • Send me the weather every morning at 8:30
  • Sports Facts
    • Did Real Madrid win?
    • Tell me Real Madrid standings
    • Tell me sports news
  • Read me the News when driving
    • from NPR
  • what time is it now?
  • Find my phone
  • show me the meaning of xxx
    • show me the meaning of p e a r instead
  • What’s this song?|What song is playing?

Tips

  • How to cancel wether subscription
    • Go to https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/0000004d5731f294, Scroll to bottom of web page and select Stop Weather from remembering me

Suggestions

  • Clickable in the UI
    • the category, company name

Labels

adsense (5) Algorithm (69) Algorithm Series (35) Android (7) ANT (6) bat (8) Big Data (7) Blogger (14) Bugs (6) Cache (5) Chrome (19) Code Example (29) Code Quality (7) Coding Skills (5) Database (7) Debug (16) Design (5) Dev Tips (63) Eclipse (32) Git (5) Google (33) Guava (7) How to (9) Http Client (8) IDE (7) Interview (88) J2EE (13) J2SE (49) Java (186) JavaScript (27) JSON (7) Learning code (9) Lesson Learned (6) Linux (26) Lucene-Solr (112) Mac (10) Maven (8) Network (9) Nutch2 (18) Performance (9) PowerShell (11) Problem Solving (11) Programmer Skills (6) regex (5) Scala (6) Security (9) Soft Skills (38) Spring (22) System Design (11) Testing (7) Text Mining (14) Tips (17) Tools (24) Troubleshooting (29) UIMA (9) Web Development (19) Windows (21) xml (5)